Efficiency and safety are often perquisitesa for the oil and gas industry. A constant keen monitoring is required as oil and gas plants are usually located in remote areas or at sea. It is highly desired that such sites be equipped with monitoring, alarming and controlling devices. SCADA systems, implemented using industrial wireless modem technology, play a vital role in this area.
Some key oil and gas data collection applications include:
- Detection of overflowing storage tanks-oil and gas data collection
- Detection of compressor failure-oil and gas data collection
- Detection of corrosion in transmission pipelines
- Production automation-oil and gas data collection
- Efficient, error free, real-time, centralized data collection
- Wireless data services and GPs to keep track of service vehicles used for maintenance